Sunday 18 June 2023

STOP PUTTING A SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE; A CALL TO RESTRUCTURE OUR UNION


Permit me to put this straight, I'm writing this not to attack anybody and I will implore the reader to take his keen interest and set his mindset to explore this piece as a call to reproof.


Without gainsaying, for the last 6 - Months, our Union has been dabbling with a lot of challenges emerging from personal egos, a misconception of facts, and a lack of basic rudiments for leadership.


Much words availeth nothing, let me put my focus basically on the recent happenings, and such that had to do with the administrative helms.


I've been noticing some strings of occurrences since last year when I was petitioned into the SJC, an occurrence that makes me lose interest in the present Student Judiciary Arms of our Union. I took my emphasis from here because my lettering is not to attack any personality or administration but to call for the RESTRUCTURING OF OUR DEAR UNION, even from every axis.


Many things were swept under the carpet in the case reference in the above paragraph, including the fact that the SJC operated on "A HEARSAY" rather than evidence that was provided and the fact that was given, which of course is not borne of contention. 


This administration emerged with many hopes on them that they will sustain the integrity that was upheld during the President Idrees Mubarak Olamilekan AL-MOGAJI led Administration, and sincerely, they follow suit, most especially through the provisions of JAMB SCHOLARSHIP, the second controversial case leading to the illegal suspension of Vice President, Comr. Emmanuel Ayodeji Oyewole PARACETAMOL. In all sincerity, the hallowed chamber should be accorded the respect and regard they deserved, nevertheless, our dear honorable, most especially those at the helm of power should stop misappropriating the privileges, and vagabond their seats.


Well, what do we expect from the SJC since they were compelled and it was an honorary position doctored on them to continue the leadership as most of them didn't even show intention to secure the portfolio.


Well, as a distinguished learned colleague quoted, “If you refuse to do it, incompetent people will do it and they won’t do it well.” Well, some of us are avoiding causing loopholes due to our unavailability, nevertheless, we created a greater portion of the problem that is sending us to ruin.

To the most regarded SLCs, especially the representative of the CABALS; (yah, permit me to tell you that most occurrences that were played out are orchestrated by some crew of people herein refers to as CABALS) who happens to be the powerhouse of the Union, maybe we should go back in history and use the massive expulsion that happened during Dst. Rt. Hon. Adepoju Saheed (Honorable Speaker, F'20 and Global President, F'21) with Dst. Rt. Hon Alatise Ibrahim as the DSP, a motion leading to suspension of some numerable part of the SLC was moved, seconded, and passed to verdicts, however, such was never ruled as verdict not until the Judiciary Council authorized it, and herein is the beauty of democracy and such a dividend we are enjoying in our Union, permit me to reiterate, SLC DOES NOT GIVE JUDGEMENT, the JUDICIARY POWER of the Union is exclusively vested on the SJC, if not so, the separation of power into 3-Arms of Government wouldn't be necessary.


In extensions, I've said I won't comment on this, but the needs persist, in any form of government, there's always JURISDICTION of POWER between levels, "should I need to tell you that even in Institution settings, Faculties use different constitution and provisions?", the purported released of the supposed SLC on the issues of contend of power between FILSU LAUTECH and FILSU NHQ quoted a part of the constitution on the National HQ coordinating the affairs of the Chapter, if you want to comprehend that, I would refer you to Comr. Idrees Mubarak Olamilekan AL-MOGAJI (the IPP), as he had a series of DIPLOMATIC Experiences during his tenure, example of such is the "Inter-chapter Tour" and another was a Meeting held in November of that same year where issues of Bursary and such pertained to it were discussed (I still have the picture reference of this particular one, you can hit me up WITH COURTESY for it, OR rather, you can checked the official Facebook Page of the Union for the duo reference occurrences).


To FILSU LAUTECH, I believed you are all men of honorary reports (Banking on the integrity of Ldr. As-Saheed words concerning your progenitor), I didn't follow your case up as I was busy with one or two things here, but with the little I caught, kindly continue to uphold the integrity you were made up as reference earlier under this paragraph, give regards to the NHQ as deserved, the National Secretariat remains the supreme body. No amount of words will suffice, let me refer you to the last Magazine Publication of the FILSU Nhq tagged "The Parrot Vol. 02", I submitted therein under the topic I titled "Students Unionism: The Expectations, The Constraint, and The Way Forward; A Checkmate of FILSU NHQ Administration". I recommend this to every prospective aspirant for FILSU '24 too, I believed the submission there will help in guiding your affairs.


To the NHQ, I've said a lot in my conversations with the Secretary, so I won't touch most aspects of that again. I believe the Union President is on the ALUMNI FORUM where the issues of degrading academic excellence was raised, I believed that should be your focus, looking for how you will submit your quota as the Chairman and "the SUPREME HEAD" of this administration, stop stooping so low to respond to some situation, embraces PEACE above any other situations, this situation most especially is to me a vetoed of ego which can be averted through diplomatic dialogue, focused on the necessity and let go every other weight that could be causing stigma to you, you have most focused your attentions fighting yourself whereas you are not running factional governance, I believed you can do better, and I sincerely hope a new dawn will emerge.


THESE, are my submissions, and they remain personal submissions of mine without any interferences or influence to write by anyone except otherwise quoted, the need to stick to the 3 Arms of Government we are running should be sustained and I believed we should start ensuring standard is incorporated in the electioneering processes of our Union. I remains and I'm open to critics and corrections, but in a  diplomatic manner. Thanks, and hope to see new changes emerging.


~ Ademola Stephen BABALOLA

#iamHERITAGE 🌹✍🏽💯

#iSpeakLife 🧬🧬🧬

(Writing from FUTMINNA, Niger State)

babloherytage@gmail.com / +2348133641380

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S A CALL TO SERVICE; DIST. SEN. YAASIR REVEALED AS HE ROLLED OUT APPRECIATION

"It is a call to service, not for frivolity, and we will not betray your trust" Yesterday, being the 28th day of August 2024, I em...